Monday, May 7, 2012

Stony Brook University


Our Rensizzle group visited Stony Brook University today, which is located in Long Island, New York. We caught the LIRR train in 61st street, Woodside. The train came on time, unlike the regular subway trains. Well, we had to transfer from one train to another to get to Stony Brook; the ride took about an hour and a half. When we reached our destination, it was easy to spot the university. We took the time to visit many of the buildings, such as the Simons Center for Geometry and Physics, Humanities, Earth and Space Sciences, Medical Center, Gymnasium, Library, and the dorms, which we only got to see the outside view. I like how the campus was very spacious and that there were many places you could sit down. You could either sit down in the grass or at the table with the chairs. Furthermore, I noticed that inside the libraries and most of the other buildings that there were many uses of light. The roofs were orientated in a certain way so that there was enough light given to the room inside. I did not like how the seats were oriented in the library. At the same time, I liked that the library was quiet and an easy place to concentrate on your studies, because some local libraries in New York are not as quiet as the one in Stony Brook. I also admired the way that the Medical Health building was built. With this self-tour we had, I would like to apply to this school based on the majors that the school provides, because I think that it can help me achieve my goals in the future. Overall, I think it was a good experience to have a self-tour around the Stony Brook University campus even if we had to rush to get to the LIRR station.  


The Health Sciences Center!



No comments:

Post a Comment