Thursday, May 10, 2012

Stony Brook

Alina Benedetto
  
                                                      Stony Brook
  

  I had such a great time at Stony Brook, overall it was a grand experience. I’m glad I got to visit the school and its wonderful campus, because it was definitely a memory I’ll never forget. Stony Brook’s campus was enormous! The college’s environment was very peaceful, it was very quiet, and relaxing. Best of all the campus was not crowded, there was a lot of space, it was not chaotic at all! My favorite aspects of the school were the multi, spunky colored sorority rocks, I found that such a cute idea, it made the campus much more lively. One other significant aspect that sparked my interest was that the different areas of study were all in their own buildings, such as the geometry building, the chemistry building, the biology building, the business building. Stony Brook is definitely a college for the sciences, it is very science oriented. Although I didn’t get to see the school’s field, from my eyes it looked rather huge, it was very spacious. I did get to see the school’s basketball area, it was beautiful! I loved it, the bleachers, the waxed floors, it was all just so perfect, GO SEAWOLVES! Most importantly, the people! The students on campus were so nice, they were so friendly, when we needed guidance, students gave us direction without any problems. Stony Brook’s library was also rather huge, it was very peaceful, and a lot of student’s were using the library since it was their finals week, they were working hard studying. The school’s store had much of a variety as well, macbook pro’s were even sold. One other thing I found rather interesting was the bathrooms, Stony brook had all gender restrooms, which means boys and girls, were allowed to use the same restroom, which automatically infers that the school supports LGBTS. From reading the flyers pinned onto the boards, I was able to tell the campus held a series of social events, such as a bonfire, a BBQ, tutoring sessions, flea markets, book sales, and etc. While we were there we even got to take a sneak peak at a tea party/ birthday party going on, it was so cute! I was already able to tell the students had such strong bonds with one another. There was even a veggie garden, the food was also pretty good too. One other aspect I found interesting was the starbucks held upstairs from the cafeteria, it was such a spontaneous environment, I was able to tell Starbucks was pretty popular over there due to it being so packed, the couches looked so comfy, and students were piled up with one another, some enjoying conversation, and some digging their noses into their textbooks, I just love the way it was formatted, everyone was so social. Overall I enjoyed my time at Stony Brook, I want to go again, I feel as if there’s so much more to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment