Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Barnard


Although I did not get a chance to visit Barnard, using the facts that the others told me Barnard is a very good school. They are looking for girls who excel in school and have bold personalities. They like hard-working students, their average requirement for admissions is 3.5 gpa, and SAT scores ranging from 670 on each section. I was told that Barnard has a program for students who just fall below the admission requirements but meet some of them. This program is called HEOP. HEOP is a statewide program that gives students a chance to attend private colleges if they struggle financially.
If I applied to Barnard today I think that I would have a good chance of being admitted. I am a person with a very dense personality, I challenge myself by taking rigorous courses at my high school, my gpa meets the requirement and I participate in a lot of extra curricular activities. The only thing that frightens me is my SAT score. I am not a good test taker, while taking important tests such as the SATS and the NYS Regents exams I experience test anxiety.
In order to increase my chances of being admitted to Barnard I will have to study very hard and inherit better test taking skills. I intend on spending my Summer studying for my SATS. By next Spring I will be able to take tests such as the SATS with ease and hopefully I score high enough to get into good colleges.

No comments:

Post a Comment