Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Barnard



 I did not attend the trip for Barnard, but from what I hear from other students is that it is an satisfying college. Barnard university is a very competitive university, they have certain expectations for the students that they let into the school, and if you dot fit those expectations then your not getting accepted into the school. In addition its an cohesive campus. Each student gets an adviser, and there is security everywhere. Moreover this university is not that diverse. This school is mostly filled with Caucasian people, at least that's what others say.
    The type of student Barnard is looking for is smart, and very enthusiastic. They want a person that has very high grades, and good SAT scores. But in Barnard there is an program, to make it not that competitive, which is called the H.E.O.P program. This program is for the students that don't meet their expectations, their GPA is like B+. This is a program that will make it easier for them to get in based upon their income status. If they have low income then they will get into the school.  Barnard is the type of school that looks at students activities. Barnard is very hard to get into and will pick you based upon certain circumstances. Basically the school wants a student that is smart, which is typical for a college.
     If I applied to Barnard today I don't think I would be admitted only because of my grades. My grades are not that high, which is not what Barnard is looking for. Moreover even if I tried to get into the H.E.O.P program, I would not qualify because my income is not that low. So my chances of getting into Barnard is not that high.
To improve my chances to get into Barnard, I would study  more. I figure that the more I study the higher the grades, the higher the chances of me getting into Barnard. I would take SAT classes, because they look at SAT scores. My goal would be to get high SAT scores. Also I would visit the school as many times that I can because if I was choose for an interview I would make sure they remember my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment