Thursday, May 10, 2012

On May 8, 2012 we visited Barnard College an all girls schools in Manhattan. As we were on our tour I realized that Barnard is looking for a student of personality, someone that isn't afraid to say anything they want, a person with honesty. When Barnard begins to see your application they look at your high school grades of the whole four years and specifically the last semester of senior year. They also look at your SAT scores the average that their looking for is 670 for each section. As they observe this they keep in mind that their looking for a student that is a hard-worker and actually wants an education. Above all this they look at your income rate and according to that you either qualify for the HEOP program or not. In the HEOP program their more flexible in the grades for both your transcript and your SAT scores.

Furthermore, if I was going to apply to Barnard I actually don't know if I'm going to apply to the HEOP program or not mostly because I don't know what the income in my household.  Besides this I'm afraid that my portfolio will not fit for their standards making their board think twice before they accept me. But besides all this something in me is telling me that they will accept me but at the same time their not. What scares me the most is that I'm competing internationally so my chances of getting in are minimum.

Something I can do is study hard when it comes to tests and exams specifically in math right now. Every time that moment of blacking out comes to me in a test, kills me. I can't stand it because if I'm given work about it I can finish it with no hesitation from this you can see why I get really mad about it. The good thing is that you an always change it by just asking your teachers for help, but if there isn't anything you can't do then that will make you work harder. But when that happens to me it scares me because I do not want to go to summer school.



No comments:

Post a Comment