Friday, May 11, 2012

Queens College


Alina Benedetto
                                                       Queens College
On May 11thwe visited Queens College, although it was not my first time actually being on campus, I truly enjoyed my time being there. Queens College is roughly about an hour away.  We took the 7 train to the last stop which is Flushing, then got on the Q27 and it left us directly on campus. I was totally in love with the school’s campus, it was extremely convenient. All the buildings were so close to one another, and the map in the front of the campus was very accurate. All my group members were very proactive within using the map. The environment on campus is beautiful, it is very clean and peaceful, there is such diversity amongst the students, and the campus was so much livelier compared to the other campuses my group has visited.
    One other aspect in which I enjoyed about Queens College would be the library, the library was huge, and it was such a peaceful space, I was in love with the huge clock that was on top of the library, and the little lounge area that was kept up top of the library, it was even outdoors, it was a bit chilly when we were up top, but I can only imagine how nice it would be to be up there when the weather is warmer, and when the Spring/Summer kick in. Throughout Queens College there was also a wide variety of classes.  We also met with a former alumnus of Renaissance Charter School, Raul who had also attended Queens College.  Raul explained to us all the glory and beauty of the college; he gave us key advice, and raised awareness about how difficult and competitive it is to actually get into the college. Raul explained that you need a 2.9 at most to be accepted, and you need an approximate 510 on the math portion of the SAT’s and a 475 on the critical reading portion. Raul also explained the SEEK program, and how it allowed student’s a great opportunity, and gave them a chance to improve, and get their grades up, it’s like giving one a chance to succeed. One other aspect I enjoyed about the college was that everything looked so new, almost all the buildings, the steps, the fountain, the benches, almost everything; I was in love with the school, and everything around it. I feel as if the ride is convenient, it is not a far trip, everything is accurate, and I truly believe the college has a lot to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment