Thursday, May 10, 2012

What type of student is Barnard looking for?

Barnard is looking for a student who is honest and who has high scores. But what they usually look for is personality. They look at everyone holistically which means that they look for girls who have good personality and see the things they have done such as school projects. They also check if your grade is low and pay less attention to SATs or ACTs. Because of that HEOP- higher education opportunity program;students are more likely to enter but it also doesn't mean that there could be a dip in your grade. according to the tour lady at Barnard College ( Rebecca) she said that  they most likely ignore the first two years of high school but they can't see that you're doing good with As and Bs then suddenly you go down to Ds.  

Do you think you would get admitted to Barnard.?

I think I would get admitted to Barnard if I had HEOP to help me because I feel as if I have an ‘okay’ GPA. with my parents income I do believe HEOP would advance my chances in getting admitted to Barnard. I've also noticed that Barnard is really good with science and that puts more interest for me because my favorite topic is science/biology. since HEOP mostly checks at a persons background information they would see that im not advanced in math but ive always done well on every other topic.

things I can do to increase my chances to enter Barnard.

Some things I can do to increase my chances to enter barnard is to increase my GPA. I think I could increase my GPA by doing a lot better in my math grade. My science grade is passing and I feel confident about all the other topics except math. I never exactly liked math as other of my friends have mostly because I couldn't remember which formula I was supposed to use for a certain question. So I think that was mostly my greatest challenge to comprehend math and if I were to fix that I would increase my grade and my chances to enter Barnard College.




- Jessica Chamilco

No comments:

Post a Comment