Wednesday, May 9, 2012

  Yesterday my Rensizzle Group visited Barnard College. Based on what I saw and heard, Barnard is looking for female students with a good personality, honesty, and whatever you have to pursue as a person.They don’t only want to look for SAT or ACT scores.They believe someone always has something to give off. And, you shouldn’t just look at a person’s grades. They want to see various things in a person. They also want a  student to have excellent writing skills, ideas, and, curiosity in learning. If you have all these aspects, you will definitely get into Barnard College.
    If I were to apply to Barnard I don't think I’d be admitted but, then again I still have more time to change things. However, there is a program called HEOP.  HEOP is a program for low income students who fall on admission requirements. Right now I don’t meet Barnard’s GPA standards although I do have time to change that. As for my PSAT scores, they were low. Then again, they look for personality. Nor do I fit in their categories as per majors for liberal arts. So, this isnt the school for me. If other people are committed they should apply to Barnard College.
    Some things to for me to be admitted to Barnard are getting a 3.7 or above in my GPA, applying to college courses, exploring more internships, and, getting high SAT or ACT scores. If you don’t meet to there standards, don’t consider applying to Barnard. Overall it was quite interesting exploring what this college wanted from students.

No comments:

Post a Comment