Thursday, May 10, 2012

Alina Benedetto
                                              Music Trip

  I had a great time, at the “grammy boot camp”. I really enjoyed it. We went to Pace University, Pace is a rather small school compared to the campuses I’ve seen. There were many schools at the university, about 20 to be exact. All the students were music oriented. Many students performed, most had sang songs of their own. There was one student, a junior to be exact, and he was an entrepreneur, he even had his own business, in Staten Island. He explained to us the foundation of his business, and everything in between, he did it all on his own. He was pretty successful for a 17 year old. After we saw a series of performances, we then split up into various groups. The group I was in was performances, my group had about thirty students, two stars were even there, Astro boy from the hit television series, The X factor, and also Karen Rodriguez, an American idol finalist. Both stars performed, and gave advice to others who had performed in my group. Most students in my group were my peers from Renaissance, and they performed most of their songs, for example, CJ and Sammy performed, and they got good advice back from both panelists. Overall I had a great time, towards the end of our day after all the workshops came to an end, we all went back to the auditorium, and watched more performances. Jay Z’s back up singer, had performed and she had sung Jay Z’s hit single, Empire state of mind, and that was absolutely amazing! She had such a beautiful and unique voice, she was the last performer. Overall I had a grand time, watching so many perform was great, I truly enjoyed my time at Pace, and I’m really interested in going back, to actually learn more about the school itself, next time. Pace was rather big, and it’s classrooms were all very large and tidy, I want to learn more about the university itself, the classes, and what they have to offer, but overall I definitely want to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment