Thursday, May 10, 2012

Barnard College

Despite being the only boy in a college rensizzle full of girls, I’ve actually enjoyed going to Barnard College. It’s a undergraduate college that lives across the street from Columbia College, and plus it’s an all girls college. We got a tour from one of the seniors that about to graduate in about a month or so. She gave us a good tour of the school, and she was really nice. She showed a room which is an example of what a dorm looks like. There wasn’t that much diversity in the college, that reason I am very unsure of. Some of this is coming from me, and you may ask “Why in the world did a guy go visit an all-girls college?” Well because maybe I could learn something that could help in the near future when I apply for college But it was an enjoyable trip. The people were very nice and there some guys on the Barnard campus. But the biggest thing that Barnard likes in their students is personality. Freshmen take a survey to see what kind environment they like so they can have the perfect roommate. They have this program HEOP that helps students with low income that are academically struggling. Barnard requires students with a GPA of 3.7 or above for acceptance. If I was a woman I wouldn’t apply due to my GPA of 2.86. If I wanted to go to Barnard I would study extra hard, sign up for multiple extracellular, and do community service. Plus going to college courses would absolutely have them begging you to come to their school. Even though I am ineligible to apply to Barnard due, being a boy I picked up some good information on financial aid. I would recommend this school to any woman that wants a academic challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment