Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Barnard College

Barnard is looking for a well educated student but also someone with a  great personalty. If a student does not have the best grades in the world, but because of their application and teacher recommendation letter, the school can tell what type of person they are. They also want a student who will bring something to the campus and classes. A student who likes to participate is great in their eyes, but students who have excellent writing but does not participate as much is also well accepted and appreciated. Since Barnard is so interested in knowing the person, they give students a survey to figure out different things about them such as what type of music they like, what time they go to sleep and wake up. Staff and faculty use this to match roommates who share the same characteristics.
If I applied to Barnard, I might be accepted if I apply using the HEOP program. My GPA is about a 3.2, which isn't really up to the standards of Barnard. I'm not sure if I would have the SAT scores they would like, but I'm sure that I can meet the average they are looking for. I also feel as though I have a great personality. As a student I would bring fun and excitement to the campus and classroom. Anyone that knows me well will agree that I am very eager to learn. In classes I will participate and complete all assignments.
To increase my chances of being accepted to Barnard I would do many things. I would engage in many more extra curricular activities, like joining clubs and sports teams. I will also challenge myself to take more vigorous courses. Taking college courses and AP classes would be my focus. Since my GPA isn't the greatest I would also focus on boosting my GPA in all classes and overall. Studying harder and putting more effort in my work would help increase my GPA.

No comments:

Post a Comment