Thursday, May 10, 2012

Lehman College

Lehman College





Our Rensizzle group visited Lehman College yesterday. It took about 30 minutes by bus for us to arrive there. Once we arrived I was mostly amazed by how big the campus was, once we passed the gates. I also liked how there were some very artistic pillars that you have to go under to go to buildings like the Old Gym Building or the cafeteria. Our tour guide was Enrique and he was also a student in the Renaissance so that made me feel comfortable throughout our tour. Enrique spoke to us about the school’s history and how it was named after the president Hubert Lehman. He also told us that it used to be called Hunter Uptown. During our visit we passed by the Old Gym Building, Leonard Lief Library, Concert Hall, Carmen Hall, and Davis Hall. We also got the opportunity to go through the College’s tunnels. They used them in case there happened to be heavy rain or if the streets were filled with thick snow. Something I learned about this school is that the English department occasionally had their classes outside of the classrooms and worked out in the fields. Most of the students at Lehman College study biology, chemistry, psychology, anthropology and etc. What I liked most about Lehman is the variety/chances for me to learn and advance my ability with science. I feel as if biology is my best topic so I got really interested once I found out. What I didn't like the most about Lehman College would have to be how the campus looked. I thought it looked too old and I also noticed that it had a lot of bugs too. I think I would apply to this school because I feel as if their very good within the science department.

No comments:

Post a Comment