Thursday, May 10, 2012

Lehman College

On May 9, our Rensizzle group went to visit Lehman College, which is located at the Bronx. We traveled to the college by using the school bus instead of the subway. It took us about 30 minutes to reach Lehman by bus, but if we used the subway, it would have taken a longer time to get to Lehman College. When we came back to school, we used the 4 train and transferred to the 7 train and it took us about an hour and thirty minutes. When we reached Lehman, we visited the Apex building, Information technology center, Gillet Hall, and the Old Gym. I found out that the most popular majors in Lehman are Communication Sciences and Disorders, General Sociology, Adult Health Nurse or Nursing, Social Work, and Accounting. I noticed that most of the classrooms that we visited were the size of a high school classroom. I liked the fact that some classrooms were small, so if I were learning inside that room I would be able to pay attention and be comfortable. In addition, while we walked around the school, I noticed that some people were smoking. I do not like the fact that the area was not smoking free. Furthermore, I noticed that there was a whole variety of different races. The campus was very spacious, I like the fact that there were not that much hills to walk. and we also went to the tunnels, were it is connected to all of the buildings. The tunnel is used when the weather is bad for example, when it is raining or snowing. Overall, the college was great, but I might be hesitant to applying to this school, as some of the popular majors in Lehman is interesting and I think that I would like to study it in the future.

                             

No comments:

Post a Comment