Friday, May 11, 2012

Queens College



Our Rensizzle group visited Queens College yesterday ( May 10,2012 ). Originally our group was supposed to go to St. John's but our bus never came and our tour guide got sick, so we quickly planned to go to Queens College. We got there by both train, and bus. It took about an hour to get to the college. Our train ride was easy and smooth but once we got to the bus we found out that Ana couldn't pay more than five times on the bus, but luckily some of our peers happened to be carrying spare metro cards to pay for the other people who didn't have one. When we got to the college we stopped for a second to look around at the big campus which had a beautiful landscape.After a while we met up with Raul who was a former Renaissance student. We visited Rosenthal library and from there we went up to the tower where we got to listen to the clock's lovely chimes that happened to interrupt Tajzae's statement. We also went to go visit  Delany Hall to say our thank you's to the people who helped us get the opportunity to participate in the college now program. I learned that three people happened to be murdered in Mississippi during the fighting for the civil rights movement and I also found out that there have been new buildings built in the past few years. In Queens College there is a good arts program that Raul spoke to us about that had me really interested. I think what I liked the most about Queens College would have to be how diverse the school was and how the landscape made me feel as if I was home. I don't think I disliked anything about the school. If I had the chance I think I would apply to Queens College because it looks like a good college for me to study in.

No comments:

Post a Comment